Binkie Bliss

I was trying to get some work done today, when this little bundle of love wanted my attention. As he is nestled in my arms, looking up at me with those big beautiful blue eyes I tear up. I get so emotional looking at Hamilton. I tell him what a gift he is, he is my miracle baby. Ryan's aunt says that when she would wake up every few hours with her newborn, three decades ago, it was like Christmas morning every time she was woke. That is the only way I can explain it. Every couple of hours I get to wake up with Hamilton it is like Christmas morning, only better because it happens over and over again.


The last month of my pregnancy was eventful to say the least. I spent some time in the hospital, Hamilton wanted to make an appearance before he was finished growing. Thankfully, he waited until I was 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant. The labor, for the most part, was uneventful, except my epidural didn't take on the left side. Let me say to all you natural mom's out there, I love you and admire your bravery but you are crazy. I had to go to my "happy place" and in order to do so, I could not open my eyes. Deep breath in, deep breath out, remain calm, you can do this, and every time I opened my eyes it was too real. I would close them again and go back to my happy place, not fully excited about what was happening because what if...


After a few hours in labor he finally graced us with his presence all seven pounds and two ounces. Since I saw the purple lines on that test on August 29th I relaxed and opened my eyes; taking in everything around me. I took a real breath, and celebrated this miracle mine and my husband's love created.


I am such a different mom. When I would care for Harrison and Houston I would wake up, exhausted, feed them just getting in done. And now I drink in every single moment. Thank you Adaylnne! You keep on giving.

Comments

  1. I know how you feel about it feeling like Christmas morning every time you wake up to your baby. Wendy spent 10 weeks in the NICU and now that she is home, I don't even mind not getting any sleep. I don't mind that she has her nights and days mixed up. I don't mind getting up every 3 hours to start her feeding pump. Even when she is screaming her head off, I am thanking God that he is giving her the breath to do it. I love that you have continued this blog and I think of your family often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts