As I sit here listening to Harrison and Houston having a blast outside with their friends and Hamilton in his room playing with cars and trains I long for something. I know what, or who it is that I am longing for. I don't know if it is the time that has marched on in our new home, one Adalynne had not been a part of, or the fact that it is Memorial Day weekend but I miss her-SO MUCH. We moved into our new home at the end of January. Harrison was having a really hard time with the move. He felt that Adalynne had been a part of our condo. That, that was where we got the miracle of bringing her home and where we said our last good byes before we handed her over to the funeral director. It is so scary how much we think alike. I had those same fears, but I certainly did not voice them in front of the boys. That was when I took Harrison by the hand and asked him what he saw when he looked outside of every window on one side of our house. His answer was, St. Henry. I had told him, that every time he feels the loss of his little sister to look out the window and know that God is watching over him and so is Adalynne. Losing her doesn't get easier with time, but my acting ability does. I guess it is the same for a brother.
Yesterday Harrison, along with the rest of the Yellow Jackets, played his heart out. I am so proud of every single one of those boys. They all grew so much in their baseball abilities. They came in second in their division!!! It was a great day!!! I was sitting with a person, who has quickly become an amazing friend and someone I admire when she asked me if it was hard. We were sitting on the bleachers watching Hamilton play with a precious little girl who is Adalynne's age. That was when I told her, sometimes. When and where the longing comes from is a given; at certain times of the year and others it is out of left field. There is this dish I make when I miss her the most. It is one my sister-in-law made for us when we brought Adalynne home. Every time I taste it it takes me back to a time when we got to look at, hold, breathe in, kiss and snuggle a miracle. I just put all the ingredients into the Crock Pot. It will be ready for dinner tomorrow.
Pork Butt
1 dark Dark Mexican Beer
1 can of diced tomatoes
1-2 can(s) of tomato sauce
1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (optional it's spicy)
1 onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced

I put all ingredients in the Crock Pot, onions first, set it on warm and let it cook for 24 hours. Stirring it occasionally. I will add a second can of tomato sauce if the liquid gets low. We serve it on corn tortillas and remember Adalynne.

Comments

  1. I think this is so beautiful. I know you miss Adalynne. You are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts