Eight Years Ago!

As I sit here watching your baby sister I wait. I wait for her to take a bath. I wait for her to finish playing with her bathtub toys and I wait until she tells me she is ready for me to wash her hair. I never waited on you.  Today marks the day you would have been 8!!!! EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!!!! Eight years ago… It’s been eight years since I saw your tiny face. It’s been eight years since I held your tiny body. It’s been eight years since I smelled you. It’s been eight years since I heard you cry. I have had eight years to heal. I have had eight years to watch your older brothers grow into young men. Your dad and I have eight years to make our family grow by giving you a baby brother who is now SIX and a baby sister who is now THREE!!!!



I miss you every day. I’m terrified that you will be forgotten. I’m terrified that everything that you were and every lesson you taught me will be slowly forgotten. You were so small but you taught me so much. Your time here on Earth was fleeting, but the lessons you taught me will last a life time. I think of you every time I pray the Rosary. I think of you when I see pink sunrises and purple sunsets. I think of you when I see a ladybug. I think of you when someone says the word, “miracle”. But most of all I think of you when I’m breathing. There is not a day, a moment that goes by that I don’t long for you to be mine for longer than you were. Adalynne, my love, this is our journey and I was chosen to be your mom. As a part of our journey you were only supposed to be here long enough to make it home; a place you made complete. AND YOUR LITTLE BROTHER IS READING AS I TYPE!! This is a first!!! I will never forget this day. When my heart is shattered at your loss and that you are not here, I’m once again shown the light. I will never forget that the day we celebrated your 8th birthday, with you smiling down on us, your little brother showed me he is learning to read. God is good. Happy Birthday, young lady.  Enjoy playing with the angels and the saints. Enjoy the view and know there's not a moment that goes by... 

Comments

Popular Posts