Cheer 2019


I’m sitting here thinking about the girls and what a joy it has been so far this season and I know I speak for Coach Kelly when I say thank you for sharing your girls with us. Our life is made up of seasons. We are in a season where our lives are so busy. We are juggling so much. We are running from one commitment to the next just to get there on time.

Our schedules are so fierce. But no matter what it is you bring to cheer practice each week you’re here. And we are so grateful you let us have a part in your girls' lives. I chose to have a career and raise a family of four, I am the mother of five, but we are raising four. It’s a struggle. I always feel like I am falling short somewhere. But, at the end of the day it’s okay. It’s the fierceness of our lives and our schedules that creates a fierce love to give it right back.

No matter where we are in our lives, what moment we are currently in it is so important to joyfully live in that moment.  If we are going to be late for cheer practice, who care we’re going to be late. If we’re going to be late to a game, who cares we’re going to be late for a game. The fortunate part of this season in our lives is tardiness to practices and games is not the end of the world. As they get older of course time management becomes more important. I am learning this as I now have a 16-year-old who is now driving to practices and games. Having children so far apart in ages helps me realize how fleeting each season is and how quickly it goes by.

I wept the entire day our oldest got his driver’s license. I kid you not I cried off and on the entire day. He has been a such a joy to raise. He was such a surprise as a teen mom. We grew up together and it’s been an honor to raise him. He’s an incredible young man. I wept because the time went by too quickly. “I lobe you, ME!” is a distant memory instead of me hearing it from his sweet lips. There’s eye rolling and who-knows-what-is-being-said under his breath, instead of “Dad, mom no’ed me!” That season of his life was so much fun and we enjoyed it so much. That season lead to soccer, which lead to coaching for a season or two, and all the other sports that came along. Harrison, Houston, Adalynne, Hamilton helped me, and now MaryCathlin is helping me to see what is so important that I seem to forget so easily. Being able to coach these young ladies is such an honor. These are little people we have the honor of shaping into becoming well-rounded, good, kind, souls. The fact that you shared this small part with me, I am honored.  

Help each other to remember to live in the moment. Cheer like no one's watching. Dance like life's your stage. Never forget the little girls who love mermaids, glitter, and pear-scented sunscreen. They are the ones who let those dogs out. Go dawgs! 

Comments

Popular Posts