Thank You

Thank you Lord for another wonderful day with Adalynne. We have enjoyed her company so much. I find myself silently praying, God just one more day; if we can just get through the photo sessions, if we can just make it to Houston's 4th birthday, if we can just make it to Thanksgiving; and He answers. Adalynne has now been able to share Father's Day, Harrison's Birthday, Ryan's Birthday, and now Houston's birthday with us. I am so thankful. She has been an amazing gift. Through Adalynne, I have found strength that I did not know existed. I know it is His Grace, and it is wonderful. I did not know I was this strong. It is the little things that make me smile and stop to appreciate the moments God is blessing us with her; and I have laughed more in the last several months than I have in my entire life. I am taking the time to enjoy Adalynne's life, seeing the beauty in ways I never noticed before. I notice the beauty in the warmth of the sun on my face, crisp mornings that make the down comforter buttery and warm; and how the cool in the air create snuggle bugs from otherwise very busy boys, the "thank you's" and "I love you's" from two amazing blond haired boys, the way my mom still dotes over me, the number of Monarch butterflies I have seen since August, ladybugs landing on my face, and the moments in time with Adalynne that have been frozen in pictures. I am thankful and blessed and I try to count them everyday.

Comments

  1. Dear Erika,
    This is Suzel Shields, Nicholas mom. I'm at work and just had spent this last hour reading your words. I'm particularly sad today, one of my girlfriends had her breast cancer come back for the 3rd time and now it has spread to her bones, not too much longer to live she told me yesterday. Sha also has a blog, and it's amazing how your feelings and thoughts are similar! She is 33 and has a little daugther, Nicholas and Huston's age. Sorry to write all that, but it's all to say that you and my girlfriend, for reasons that we might never know, were chosen to go through this and I'm very sorry for it. This last year was particularly hard for me, my mom was also diagnosed with cancer and will have a bone marrow transplant in January 2010. Sorry, you don't need to hear all that. Maybe I only want to share it all with you because I'm only sure of one thing: you are all very strong women, including my mom. Your pictures are gourgeous, you have a beautiful family and it will all be better one day, I pray. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so much to be grateful, we can only control our attitude.

    Thankfull for our friendhip. I pray for you, Ryan, and family daily.

    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, I went to school with you and Ryan (ryan was in my class). Some classmates told me about your blog. My heart just aches for you all. I had a miscarriage last year and this year, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Savannah. God has you and your whole family in the palm of His hands. Every time I asked God why? I was reminded that He was faithful and sovereign. Your character shines through these postings. You all have handled this all so beautifully. . I can remember savouring every kick and movement during my second pregnancy. Be strong and steadfast. Everything you are doing is right! The boys will remember your strength through all this esp. as they get older. Praying for you all and more importantly, praying for a miracle for Adalynne. Through God, all things are possible!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts