Are We Still Getting A Puppy?

I have recently been inspired to start blogging again. My inspiration comes from an addition to our family, who is currently the size of an apple seed. Don't let the size of my belly fool you. Baby H. Vinett #5 is in the oven!! We are expecting! Our baby has so much growing to do over the next several months, "Hatcher/Henry Michael/MaryHarper" has a tail right now. It amazing me how I felt this connection and head-over-heels love from the moment we found out we were going to welcome another baby into our family. Hamilton and this little one's pregnancy is a little different. Please don't get me wrong, I was excited about Harrison and Houston but after Adalynne nothing has been the same. I knew Harrison and Houston were precious, but it took loving and losing Adalynne to realize just how precious they are. With the news of Hamilton's pregnancy and this baby, I know how precious each one of my babies are.

Ryan was really hesitant, and not very happy that I posted the news of our baby so early but,  hello? Belly the size of a mom at 25 weeks gestation here. I am already in maternity clothes for goodness sakes, but I absolutely love it! I love being pregnant! I don't love the morning all day long sickness, but I embrace it, because what it represents. I love being absolutely exhausted. I know what you're thinking. She is bat sh*t crazy. Who loves being exhausted? I am so blessed in so many areas of my life. Some days I realize it more than others. Some days I have to remind myself how blessed we are, and on days like today it is a no brainer. I was able to embrace my exhaustion, because Ryan took over. When I am not a superhero growing a human, I sleep so little. I can probably count on one hand or even less how many hours I slept a night. This exhaustion is because my body is rapidly going through so many changes that I nap, sleep in, go to be early, and nap again. I have embraced this exhaustion, because of what it represents. I know at such an early gestation most people don't reveal that they are expecting. Here is the way I look at it....

We did everything "by the book" with Harrison, Houston, and Adalynne. We waited to tell people. With Houston and Adalynne I started taking prenatal vitamins before we were even pregnant. I would not drink caffeine.   And then my world was rocked, shattered, turned upside down. We did everything we were suppose to do. I avoided all the foods you're suppose to avoid, no sushi, no lunch meat, not even MSG, organic only, nitrates absolutely NOT!!! I just go an intense craving for sushi. Adalynne made me realize that God's will is just that, and His plan may not mirror my own. We found out before 20 weeks that Adalynne was a girl. We found out at 20 weeks she was not our to keep. I already had her room decorated. Her walls were a very very light mint green, almost white. We had a light pine furniture set, that is currently on loan, the kind where the bed converts, converts again and then converts some more.  Her drapes were a very bold damask black and white with hot pink piping. The theme was old hollywood glamour. There were vintage prints of Aubrey Hepburn, Loretta Young and Catherine Deneuve. Her room was going to be glittered with accents in sterling silver and greys. It was going to be so stunning and girly. So, do you see that even if we tell people the minute we find out about this baby or we wait until we "should" God's will may not mirror my own. If it doesn't, I will be broken hearted but we won't mourn alone.We will have an army of friends and family praying for guidance, strength, and acceptance. I pray daily, and more, that this little Vinett is healthy and genetically perfect. I have lost before, and if I have to do it again I can. Just because of my past, I have not lost hope or faith. If anything I am stronger than ever. I trust in God's will. This baby may have been a surprise, but aren't surprises so much fun? I cannot wait to see this baby's face, kiss "his" nose and count "his" toes. I cannot wait to hear "his" cry. I LOVE baby cries. I remember that when Hamilton was born I made a conscious effort to smile at him EVERY TIME I looked at him. I was so happy  he was ours to keep, that I wanted to physically show him my gratefulness. I cannot wait to do that for this baby. I know I keep referring to this baby as a "him" but that is all I know. I could not imagine my world with a daughter to raise.

Ryan is a planner! He is type A control freak!!! I drive him nuts and he drives me crazy! If it isn't planned, he is not happy. Me, on the other hand... I am impulsive and free spirited. Can we just once run errands without a set plan and see what  the day brings?  Not unless I want to go at it alone. There have been times in my life I have regretted my impulsiveness. I have tried to change or control it better, but it is a part of who I am.  But, this decision for a puppy had been months in the making. We were going to adopt one last summer, but I don't know what happened to the breeder, so we used the money to join a swim and tennis club instead.  Well, we were getting a puppy for the boys for Christmas. This is a decision that was agreed upon months ago. But, (in an annoyed Ryan voice because I convinced him that even though a baby is coming the boys need a dog) " well there goes the fence, and hmf...arg....baby....budget.....arg....I am not flexible, this was not in our five year plan!!" Okay, maybe he did not say the last part, but I am sure he was thinking it. Okay, okay, he wasn't thinking it, but I was. After an exhausting conversation and some eye lash batting and confidence boosting on my part we are still getting a puppy and having a baby!!! Last summer  we had a golden doodle picked out; a sable one. I wanted to have him groomed as a lion and name him Simba. How funny would that be? Is that a lion that just came out of the Vinett's house? Have you seen  the youtube videos? It's hilarious. HOW CRAZY am I?! Don't answer that. I will probably be shooting my self in the foot, when I have to bite my tongue as I step in dog poo. I just hope Ryan never steps in it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts