It's a Girl!!!

There are special places that can tell you the gender of your baby at only 15 weeks, and I found it! I grew up in Franklin with three brothers, Gordon, Clayton, and Patrick. My husband, Ryan has a younger brother named Sean. So, I am surrounded by boys. I secretly wanted a little girl, but I told everyone as long as the baby is healthy, I don't care. If baby number three was going to be a boy his name was going to be Hatcher, middle name undecided. If the baby was a girl her name was going to be, Adalynne Dior, a name we came up with while pregnant with Houston Lamarr three years earlier.
We went to the special ultrasound place on a Saturday. I remember the lady who owns it said to the guys, "boys get your mom a tissue, because it's a girl." It's a girl, it's a girl, those are three (actually four) words I never thought I would hear. A girl, I am going to be the mother of a little princess. Oh thank you, God, thank you. She will have two big brothers to take care of her and scare all the boys away. And her name will be Adalynne Dior. Her daddy can call her Addie, but no one else. It will be their special daddy and Adalynne thing, a club with only two members. Oh, this is going to be great, having three angels; two boys and a little miss Adalynne.
We were going to a birthday party later that afternoon. We had to run by the toy store to get a gift for this little miss, who was turning one. I left the boys to pick out her birthday gift, while I got lost in the Barbie section, girl's clothing section, anything pink or that was girly. I was daydreaming of playing Barbies for hours, house, dolls, tea parties, and having a companion when football season starts to go shopping with. While I was getting lost in daydreams of what it was going to be like to have a little girl in our house, the boys were getting lost in the bike section, action figures section, and powered vehicle toy section. An hour later we were all in our own worlds without a birthday gift.
After deciding on a cute cupcake pj set, a book about "Birthdays" and a snuggle partner for bedtime we were off to the birthday party. The boys walked to the car while I floated.

Comments

Popular Posts