October 6, 2009

Music takes on a whole new meaning, depending on where you are in your life. I discovered this artist by the name of Adele. She has this old school soulful voice, my kind of female singer. She covers a song that was originally sang by Garth Brooks, and I think Trisha Yearwood sang it as well, "To Make You Feel my Love". I feel like this song is mine and Adalynne's song. I sing it to her everyday when it is just the two of us in the car.

"When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love
When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love
I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong
I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue I'd go crawling down the avenue
No there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love
The storms are raging on a rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free
But you ain't seen nothing like me yet

There's nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you to make you feel my love
Make you happy, make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love, to make you feel my love"


Today I planned Adalynne's funeral. It was all that I expected and everything that I didn't. This is all that I can say right now...

Comments

  1. Erika -- I am a friend of your high school friend, Rachel. I work with her. I want you to know that I am praying for you, your husband, your boys and especially your sweet little girl. Hand this over to God, my dear. He will guide you through the remainder of this journey and he already knows how it is going to turn out -- it may be the same or different from what you have been told -- but either way, she is in His care. I will continue to pray for you. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika-- I think about you and Ryan often and want you to know that you are in my prayers daily! I can't imagine what you are going thru, but you both are very strong people and like Catherine said God will guide you! You are a great mother and Adalynn knows that! Take care and please let me know if there is anything I can do! ~Rachel Mayo Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts