Held Together by a Stitch

I am a crazy person. It is official, I have lost it. I caught myself thanking God for the eight stitches I just got, while driving home from the ER. I was taking out the trash, tripped over some one's shoes, lost my balance and my poor knee took a beating. I had plans that were very important to me, so this whole busted up knee thing had to take a backseat. And it didn't hurt. The ER nurse said it looked like chopped liver. I had a meeting at a coffee shop I was not going to miss; liver legs and all I was going to make the seven o'clock date. Once the cider stop was finished I was off to the ER. I have never seen chopped liver, but if that is what it looks like I won't be trying it anytime soon.

Adalynne made her belly debut while I was getting stitched up. It was the first time I, or anyone could see her moving through my clothing. I was holding my belly and the physician asked if it was the baby. I said, "yes, she is moving." He replied, "yea, I saw her moving earlier. It is like your shirt ripples." Wow, he has no idea how much those simple words warmed my heart. Adalynne showed off the entire time, she moved more than she has ever moved in her life, and I relished every second of it; thanking God for my little girl. I couldn't and didn't want to take my eyes off of my baby bump. I quickly texted Ryan and told him that I wished he was there, because you can now see our tiny dancer moving through my clothes. I know this sounds crazy, but these stitches, and one day the scar, will mark a special day I had with Adalynne. It will be a remembrance of my little ballerina's belly debut. They mark a day in which she was here and very much alive and loved. Thank you God. Today was a great day. I love you so much little Miss Adalynne Dior. You make me so happy.

Comments

  1. It sounds perfectly sane to me! What a ride this little girl has had already. She is so loved and honored in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts