Happy Birthday Adalynne Dior!!

Well, she is here!!!! She is absolutely amazing. I am so in love. It all started on Monday. I woke up with a "hangover" headache and I was seeing glitter in the air and I knew my blood pressure was high. I was not feeling well, so after I got the boys off to work and school, I went back to bed. I kept trying to get up to do laundry, pick up the house and bathe Chloe. I had a lot to do around the house but I could not find the energy to do so. I finally got out of bed around noon and I still was not feeling well. I decided to check my blood pressure at Publix and it was high. I picked Harrison up at school, met Ryan back at the house and we were off to see my doctor. I had gained five pounds in less than a week, my lips looked like I had collagen injections, my blood pressure was high, and I looked like the stuffed Italian sausage I had eaten for dinner the night before. I was not a pretty sight. Long story longer, I was preeclamptic and needed to be induced. We were ready! I was excited about meeting Adalynne but I was scared because I knew I was sick.

She was born shortly after 11PM with a room full of people who love her. Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep was present along with our lovely priest and supportive family. It was a very easy labor. However, Adalynne did scare us. Her first APGAR score was 2 and without any medical intervention, her second APGAR score was 7! She was rocking and rolling!

Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with a condition called HELLP Syndrome, so I will be in the hospital longer than I had hoped. But, in one hour and four minutes, I get to finally eat the sushi I have denied myself for the last nine months. Excited? YES!!!!!!

Everything is going wonderful with Miss Adalynne. She is so tiny and so beautiful. I am head over heels in love with this three pound, almost four, miracle. We met with our hospice doctor today, who evaluated Adalynne and said she was ready to go home and looked great. She was going to be able to come HOME and we were looking at spending possibly two weeks with her!!!! I was elated. Since we did not plan on Adalynne coming home, we did not buy a carseat, clothes, etc. Instantly, I started saying, "we get to take her to church, and basketball games and she gets to come home." What a miracle, once again. With progress comes setbacks, with success there is failure, and with love there is loss. Adalynne was doing great; WONDERFUL. Then Adalynne started having seizures. She is having them a lot. It is very scary to watch and there is nothing we can do to help her. She turns blue, like in Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory blue. You know, where the little girl turns blue after eating the gum she was not supposed to eat? We are taking the time we have with Adalynne minute by minute and enjoying and embracing every breath she takes. We don't know what today will bring but we are ready to embrace it. She may or may not come home, but regardless, it has been a wonderful journey and I truly feel blessed to have been chosen to be her mom. Now, if I could only hold her, there is so much competition:)

I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts. Our family could not have done it without the love and support from so many people. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and especially our little fighter!!! God Bless!!

Comments

  1. Oh so thankful to the Lord that Adalynne will get to go home. You all continue to be in my prayers during this special time. Ryan - the finished picture looks great that you created!
    Jon Reames

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing her with us, Ericka.
    We are thinking about you guys constantly.
    SO much love to you and your precious fam :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are closely following your updates through Justin and also your blog on Miss Adalynne!! What a miracle! Truly a blessing from above! If you need a carseat etc.. you all are welcome to borrow ours! It comes with a pink and black leopard cover!! Stylish just like Adalynne Dior likes it!! Keeping you in our prayers!

    Kelly Oakley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erika, ryan and fam.. you all have been in my thoughts all day.. you truly are amazing people.. I will be praying for adalynne and your family. Let me know if i can do anything.. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika, what a miracle you are living right now. My tears have not stopped and I have thought about you and Adalynne all day. Many hugs and prayers that you will be able to enjoy a lifetime of memories with your baby girl in the coming days. - Angela Plasko

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many prayers being lifted for you and your sweet miracle right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take her outside to feel a snowfake! If it's possible. I have cried many tears for you.

    Jennifer Macdonald (Luke's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly amazing Erika...I love to read your heartfelt writing...If you need anything - for baby girl you just let me know - I have plenty to share. Thank you for showing me your undeniable faith. It's inspiring. I am praying for little Adalynne each day and for all of you too...I am so hopeful that God will bless you all with more than you'd ever hoped for...hugs to all of you! Dottie Oelhafen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts